POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN STRATEGIC BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (PgD-SBM)
Level: QCF Level7
Duration: 6-9 months
Mode of Delivery: Blended
Course Fee: £4000
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict the access. We prefer the following entry requirements for a Postgraduate Diploma in BUSINESS RELATED COURSES AND HEALTHCARE COURSES AS WELL
Age: Students must be 21 years old at the beginning of the course.
Academic Qualifications: bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science. Some programs may require applicants to have prior knowledge or experience in computer programming, mathematics, statistics, or data analysis. This can be demonstrated through coursework or professional experience.
Work Experience: While work experience is not always mandatory, some programs may consider it as a factor for admission or offer it as an advantage during the selection process. Relevant work experience can strengthen your application.
English Language Proficiency: If English is not your first language or your previous qualifications are not taught and assessed in English, then you may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency through tests such as the IELTS, PTE or TOEFL. The specific score requirements can vary from IELTS score of 6.5 to 7.0 (or equivalent).
The Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Business Management is a rigorous program designed to develop strategic thinkers and leaders who can drive organizational success in a dynamic and competitive business environment. This program is specifically designed for individuals aiming to advance their careers in strategic management, business development, consulting, or entrepreneurship. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical applications, students will acquire the skills needed to formulate and execute effective business strategies.
Module 1: Foundations of Strategic Management
– Introduction to strategic management concepts and theories
– External environmental analysis and industry dynamics
– Internal analysis and resource-based view of the firm
– Competitive advantage and strategic positioning
– Corporate governance and strategic decision-making
Module 2: Strategic Leadership and Change Management
– Leadership theories and styles in strategic management
– Strategic decision-making and problem-solving
– Managing organizational change and innovation
– Strategic communication and stakeholder management
– Ethical and social responsibility considerations in strategic leadership
Module 3: Business Strategy Formulation
– Strategic planning and goal-setting processes
– Business-level strategy and competitive advantage
– Corporate-level strategy and diversification
– International expansion and global strategy
– Strategic alliances and partnerships
Module 4: Strategic Implementation and Execution
– Strategy execution frameworks and processes
– Organizational structure and design for strategy implementation
– Resource allocation and strategic control systems
– Strategic human resource management
– Project management in strategic initiatives
Module 5: Strategic Marketing Management
– Strategic marketing planning and analysis
– Customer segmentation and targeting
– Branding and product positioning strategies
– Pricing strategies and revenue management
– Integrated marketing communications and digital marketing
Module 6: Financial Strategy and Performance Management
– Financial analysis and interpretation for strategic decision-making
– Capital budgeting and investment appraisal
– Financial risk management and hedging strategies
– Performance measurement and balanced scorecards
– Financial strategies for value creation and shareholder wealth maximization
Module 7: Strategic Operations and Supply Chain Management
– Operations strategy and process improvement
– Supply chain design and coordination
– Lean management and Six Sigma methodologies
– Quality management and continuous improvement
– Sustainability and ethical considerations in operations management
Module 8: Strategic Business Project
– Integrative project applying strategic concepts and frameworks
– Analyzing a real-world business case and developing a strategic plan
– Presentation of project findings and recommendations
The Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Business Management consists of eight modules that provide a comprehensive understanding of strategic management principles and their practical applications. Students will delve into topics such as strategic leadership, business strategy formulation, strategic marketing, financial strategy, and operations management. They will also learn how to navigate organizational change, effectively communicate strategic initiatives, and make ethical and socially responsible decisions.
Throughout the program, students will engage in case studies, simulations, and group projects to enhance their strategic thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. The final module focuses on an integrative project where students will apply their knowledge and skills to analyze a real-world business case and develop a comprehensive strategic plan.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will possess the strategic mindset and capabilities required to lead and manage organizations effectively. They will be well-equipped to make informed strategic decisions, drive organizational performance, and create sustainable competitive advantages in a global business landscape.