POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (PgD-IBM)
Level: QCF Level7
Duration: 6-9 months
Mode of Delivery: Blended
Course Fee: £4000
The qualification has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict the access. We prefer the following entry requirements for a Postgraduate Diploma in BUSINESS RELATED COURSES AND HEALTHCARE COURSES AS WELL
Age: Students must be 21 years old at the beginning of the course.
Academic Qualifications: bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science. Some programs may require applicants to have prior knowledge or experience in computer programming, mathematics, statistics, or data analysis. This can be demonstrated through coursework or professional experience.
Work Experience: While work experience is not always mandatory, some programs may consider it as a factor for admission or offer it as an advantage during the selection process. Relevant work experience can strengthen your application.
English Language Proficiency: If English is not your first language or your previous qualifications are not taught and assessed in English, then you may be required to provide proof of English language proficiency through tests such as the IELTS, PTE or TOEFL. The specific score requirements can vary from IELTS score of 6.5 to 7.0 (or equivalent).
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Management is a comprehensive program designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge required to excel in the dynamic field of international business. This program is tailored for individuals seeking to advance their careers in multinational corporations, global consulting firms, or international trade organizations. The course integrates theoretical concepts with practical applications to develop well-rounded professionals capable of navigating the complexities of the global business landscape.
Module 1: Foundations of International Business
– Overview of international business environment
– Globalization and its impact on business
– Cultural dimensions and cross-cultural management
– International trade theories and policies
– International financial management
Module 2: International Marketing
– International market analysis and entry strategies
– Global product development and branding
– Pricing strategies in international markets
– International distribution channels and logistics
– Digital marketing and e-commerce in a global context
Module 3: International Business Strategy
– Formulating international business strategies
– Market entry modes and strategic alliances
– Managing international mergers and acquisitions
– Global sourcing and supply chain management
– Managing risk and uncertainty in international business
Module 4: Global HR Management
– Managing a diverse global workforce
– Expatriate management and cross-cultural training
– International compensation and benefits
– Talent acquisition and retention in global markets
– HR strategies for global expansion
Module 5: International Operations Management
– International operations planning and control
– Global production and outsourcing strategies
– Quality management in international settings
– Supply chain sustainability and corporate social responsibility
– Managing global operations in emerging markets
Module 6: International Financial Management
– Foreign exchange management and currency risk
– International capital budgeting and investment decisions
– Financing international trade and foreign direct investment
– Global financial markets and instruments
– Corporate governance and ethics in international finance
Module 7: International Business Law and Ethics
– Legal frameworks for international business transactions
– Intellectual property protection and licensing agreements
– Dispute resolution in cross-border contracts
– Ethical considerations in global business operations
– Corporate social responsibility in an international context
Module 8: International Business Project
– Integrative project applying concepts learned throughout the program
– Conducting research on a real-world international business challenge
– Developing a comprehensive business plan for global expansion
– Presentation of project findings and recommendations
The Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Management consists of eight modules that provide a comprehensive understanding of the various aspects of international business. Students will explore topics such as international marketing, global HR management, international operations, and financial management. They will also delve into the legal and ethical considerations in international business, as well as strategic decision-making in a global context.
Throughout the program, students will engage in case studies, group discussions, and real-world projects to enhance their practical skills and critical thinking abilities. The final module focuses on an integrative project, allowing students to apply their knowledge and skills to solve complex international business challenges.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be well-prepared to pursue careers in international business management, global consulting, strategic planning, or international trade. They will possess the expertise to navigate the complexities of the global business landscape, make informed decisions, and drive organizational success in an international setting.